Notice to YSPilots/YSFLIGHT

Notice to YSPilots/YSFLIGHT
Legacy Pack available under the YSFLIGHT category.
Any individual requests for a model must be made to my email address, see bottom of the page..
Enjoy!
Skippy

Friday 7 February 2014

Simple Hydrophone (2nd Circuit)

So, condensing microphones.. as it turns out, are not the same as the microphones I’m used to… They don’t work like a reverse speaker, but are in fact more like a variable capacitor… So… That explains why my circuits didn’t work, and that I now have to adapt my circuitry to adapt to this.

So, I started off with this:

image

Problem with this was that the capacitor charged up, then saturated…

image

You can see it charging up to ideal at around 2.5s, then it saturates and the output signal slowly diminishes Sad smile 

To combat this I put a high value resistor across the cap, so it wouldn’t charge fully:

image

To be honest, I’ve no idea why it’s charging up like that, it should just block DC… I dunno… Maybe it’s the wrong way around

No comments: