Notice to YSPilots/YSFLIGHT

Notice to YSPilots/YSFLIGHT
Legacy Pack available under the YSFLIGHT category.
Any individual requests for a model must be made to my email address, see bottom of the page..
Enjoy!
Skippy

Thursday 6 February 2014

Simple Hydrophone (Part 2)

So, progress!

My keystone jack and my volt meter arrived today, so I’ve assembled it all today.

2014-02-06 12-41-25.104

That's the completed reel. 30m cable with the hydrophone on the end.

2014-02-06 12-42-03.310

This is the amplifier circuit. Its pretty small, and actually could be made smaller.. But this fits inside the camera case well.

2014-02-06 12-42-16.749

Microphone assembly

I’ve not used vero board before. When I was doing Electronics at GCSE, we had a PCB printer, so we got to play with the real things, so I never actually had to use veroboard. Soldering is surprisingly difficult…

2014-02-06 12-42-21.255

The solder doesn’t want to stick to the wires, or the board… so I ended up having to add loads more…

Anyways, this is the back of the board before I trimmed the rest of the wires.

TEMP

This is the output of the waterfall display. The little white pulses between 1000hz and 2500hz are me whistling to test it…

Anyways, I need to fill the camera case that the assembly is within with mineral oil, to improve the hydrophone sensitivity under the water, and to lower the buoyancy and make the hydrophone actually sink…

No comments: